We’re open to business to customers who share our values – such as not-for-profits, public bodies and research-linked enterprises.
At Jisc, we pride ourselves on our world-class Janet Network and the digital solutions we provide to our research and education members.
Yet if you’re a not-for-profit οr public organisation, or an enterprise with links to research or education, you too could benefit from our network and services – by becoming a Jisc customer.
As a customer, you could benefit from the performance, reliability and security of the Janet Network, and choose from a range of other digital solutions – while the fees you pay help support the network and services for Jisc members.
Here’s how becoming a Jisc customer can help you – and help our members.
Benefits to Jisc customers
Access the Janet Network
The Janet Network is a world-class, private network designed to meet the performance needs of UK research and education. That means:
- You get the high performance you need. The network consists of more than 8,500 km of optical fibre, and currently operates at 600 Gbit/s on the backbone
- Your connection is uncontended. We don’t slow down anyone’s network connection to provide others a premium class of service
- The network is protected. We protect the Janet Network through our dedicated cyber security division. For example, our standard distributed denial of service (DDoS) mitigation service is included with your Janet connection
- The network is private. Thanks to the Janet Network, our network of peerings, our additional point-to-point services and our links with our peers in other countries, you could establish the connectivity you need without ever using the public internet
Access a range of digital solutions
From cloud services to consultancy and from enhanced security to trust and identity management, we provide access to a range of additional services to members – and can offer many of the same (or similar) services to you.
For example, we have developed govroam – a roaming internet service – specifically for public-sector organisations.
Get personalised service
At Jisc, we don’t treat networking and digital services as a commodity. So we’re able to offer you the personalised service you need to meet your goals.
Support the UK’s digital future
By choosing Jisc as a service provider, you’re supporting the UK’s national research and education network (NREN) – helping us meet our vision of making the UK the most digitally advanced higher and further education and research nation in the world.
This could also improve your corporate social responsibility.
Benefits to Jisc members
Collaborate more closely with partners
When both members and research-linked enterprises are part of the Jisc community, that helps to improve collaboration – meeting the goals of research organisations as well as enterprises, while supporting the UK’s industrial strategy.
Profits are reinvested for the benefit of research and education
Any profits we make from working with customers will be reinvested in Jisc and the Janet Network – helping to sustain the membership benefits we provide.
This will help us to:
- Invest in our range of member services
- Continue to champion digital technologies in UK education and research
- Help the sector stay ahead of future trends
Become a Jisc customer
Interested in becoming a Jisc customer? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your needs – and to find out how we could help you.