Our people are at the heart of our success and we are always looking for talented and committed people to join us.
We have opportunities in a range of fields from cyber security specialists to penetration testers, account managers to communications and marketing professionals, trust and identity experts to network engineers.
You can look forward to a rewarding job with opportunities to develop and make a real difference to the education and research sectors.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all our employees.
25 days holiday, Christmas closure, parental leave and career breaks
- 25 days annual leave plus three closure days at Christmas and eight bank holidays
- Enhanced parental leave including maternity, shared parental, adoption and paternity leave
- Sabbaticals/career breaks, study leave, volunteer leave as well as emergency leave and enhanced sick leave
Having a good work/life balance is important to us. As long as you’re delivering to our high standards and doing a great job, we're open to a variety of working arrangements.
This could include:
- Job sharing
- Part-time working
- Working from home
- Working from another office
- Flexible hours
Learning and development opportunities
- Our dedicated online learning platform offers a comprehensive range of learning opportunities in a wide range of subjects plus access to a world-leading library of professional development content
- We support external training - such as a professional accreditation
- We'll pay for any professional memberships that are required for your role
- You'll have a personal development plan where you and your manager agree your objectives and development goals, including the support you need to give your best
We recognise that not everyone wants to move into a management role to progress their careers, so we’re developing technical career paths which are development routes for our technical roles.
Generous pension scheme
From day one, we provide the opportunity to join the generous USS defined benefit pension scheme, and offer the following to members of the scheme:
- Death in service – beneficiaries receive three times your full salary as a lump sum; your spouse or civil partner receives a pension for life based on full pensionable salary
- Death in retirement – spouse or partner receive half the pension you were entitled to when you retired, plus increases to reflect inflation
- Ill health – if you retire in ill health you receive a pension and tax-free cash lump sum
Health and wellbeing support
The wellbeing of our people is important to us. Fostering a diverse and inclusive learning and working environment is crucial to innovation, productivity and wellbeing.
- An employee assistance programme which offers 24-hour advice and support and six free counselling sessions to our employees and their immediate family
- Eye care scheme including free eye test vouchers and £55 towards new glasses for VDU use
- Mental health support via the Thrive app
- Occupational health support
- Sport and leisure events and activities via CSSC
- Simplyhealth cash plan
Financial wellbeing support
Through Salary Finance, we offer access to
- Discounted borrowing and savings products
- Money insights - access to a range of tips, videos and tools for budgeting and saving to help you make the most of your money
Discounts, rewards and travel loans
- We’ll lend you the money to buy your season ticket for your commute to work, interest free
- Our cycle to work scheme means we can help you save 42% on a new bike and equipment
- Our Jisc rewards employee discount scheme gives you money off shopping, cinema, days out (including free entry to over 300 English Heritage sites), IT equipment and gym membership
How we work
Not the normal 9-5
We have friendly, open plan, modern offices in Bristol, Harwell (Oxford), London and Manchester. Dependent on your role, we don’t necessarily require you to work 9–5, five days a week, from a specific office or face-to-face.
Jisc is a community and a very social place to work. Across our offices, we have everything from rounders teams to picnics in the park and 'pizza Thursdays'.
Smarter, flexible working
Our technology allows us to work with flexibility whilst maintaining connection with each other. We use tools such as Slack, Skype, Teams, Yammer and our own videoconferencing platform, Vscene - all part of developing smarter ways of working that are output-focused, not location-focused.
Your voice matters
It is important to us that our people have a say in the organisation. We run a number of initiatives to support this, such as our employee voice forum and meet and greets with our leadership team. We also hold an annual staff conference, and our ideas programme is a chance to contribute towards innovation, productivity and business improvement.
Our recognition scheme - including a quarterly awards event - is our way of giving clear and open thanks to our colleagues for doing a great job.
We are working hard to be an even greater place to work and want to be seen as an inclusive, flexible organisation; recognising that diversity of experience, approach and personality enables us to provide better services to our members.
If you want to work with great people, doing great things, take a look at our current vacancies.