The use of research management systems (such as CRISs, repositories and those to manage research grants and contracts, ethics or impact) is well established across UK universities. With the drive to open research, these systems are crucial to an institution’s ability to effectively manage their response to funder, legal, ethical and good practice mandates around research.
However, universities face many challenges in maintaining and supporting their portfolio of research management systems, and ensuring they remain fit for purpose against a backdrop of a constantly evolving and sometimes unpredictable environment.
Across the sector there remains multiple examples of barriers faced by universities in sustaining an effective research ‘digital ecosystem’. Pain points stemming from system incompatibility and data islands too frequently result in the need for manual re-keying of information between systems. What is being done to help solve these issues, and how can universities contribute and share best practice?
This online event will look at the challenges faced by universities in this area. You will hear from universities about how they are approaching and tackling these issues. The webinar will also cover the work that Jisc is doing to help UK universities solve issues around manual research management workflows and system incompatibility. There will be an opportunity for attendees to share their experiences in this area, and any solutions they have deployed.
- Tamsin Burland, head of product – open research, Jisc
- Donna Swann, director of research IT services (interim), information services division, University College London
- Sue Starbuck, head of research services, Royal Holloway, University of London
- Adam Vials Moore, product specialist, Jisc
- Anne Sofield, Simpler and Better Funding Programme Director, UKRI
- Lindsay Ramage, Head of Research Governance, Edinburgh Napier University
Who should attend
Those involved in open research and making decisions about research infrastructure. Including:
- Research managers
- Research systems managers
- Digital preservation specialists
- Open research / scholarly communications managers
Watch the recording of the webinar
Towards an integrated research management digital ecosystem - Tamsin Burland
UKRI's simpler and better funding programme- Anne Sofield
Merging the ideal with the real - Sue Starbuck
Integrated research management system at Edinburgh Napier University - Lindsay Ramage
Persisting the fabric of the research ecosystem - Adam Vials Moore
For more information, please contact email@example.com.