This webinar will introduce a new digital research community group and preview Jisc’s updated research strategy.
In this webinar you will:
- Gain an overview of Jisc’s new research strategy
- Hear about findings from focus groups with funders and national academies
- Discuss current needs and priorities around digital research with others
- Find out how you can help shape solutions as part of a new digital research community
- Dr Victoria Moody, Jisc’s research strategy lead
Victoria will give an overview of Jisc’s updated research strategy and findings from recent focus groups with national funders and academies that informed the strategy.
- Professor Anne Boddington, professor of design innovation, Kingston University and chair of sub-panel 32 for REF2021
Anne will give her personal perspective on digital pain and digital heaven for researchers. Anne is a member of the new digital research community council.
- Chris Awre, interim university librarian and associate director (collections, learning and research), University of Hull
Chris will look at the connections between the use of digital technologies in the library and research areas, highlighting examples of where collaboration has supported these.
- Professor Balbir Barn, professor of software engineering, deputy dean, faculty of science and technology, Middlesex University London
Balbir will outline how the ongoing process of digitalisation of universities could impact on and shape the future of research environments from an operational and research viewpoint. The importance of tools, data and simulation based research experimentation will be emphasised.
- Helen Clare, senior e-infrastructure strategy manager (skills), Jisc
Helen will introduce the digital research community and share concerns and issues raised by the community council and explain how you can get involved in the community.
Who should attend
- Research leaders, researchers and research students
- Research support professionals, such as research managers, librarians, research software engineers and researcher developers
- Research funders, publishers
Recording of shaping future research environments
Shaping future research environments: digital challenges and opportunities
Digital challenges and opportunities
Something amazing from the University Library
Bridging cultures - seeking civic in the digital
Digitalisation and the future of research environments
Jisc digital research community discussion paper
For more information please contact email@example.com.