We're working to help you use virtual and augmented reality (VR and AR) in learning and teaching at your university or college.
What you can use now
Advice and guidance
- Our immersive toolkit showcases leading-edge projects, best practice in AR and VR, and help available from Jisc
- Learn more about what you can do with AR and VR in our quick guide to getting started with immersive technology
- Read the results of our survey into AR and VR in UK universities and colleges
Building digital capability
- Learn how you can get started with immersive tech with our introduction to VR/AR in education half-day training course (we can come onsite to deliver this course on your campus)
- Our new pilot 3D scanning service takes the hard work out of creating immersive content
We're just getting started. Here are some other areas we're looking at as part of the project:
- Training and guidance in key topics like 360 degree imaging and designing for virtual reality
- Case studies documenting leading edge practice, and study visits to experience it for yourself
- Working with suppliers to reduce the friction of purchasing AR/VR equipment, apps and content
- Partnering with leading companies to make it easier to create immersive teaching and learning experiences
We'd love to showcase your work, so please get in touch (email email@example.com) to let us know how you are using immersive technologies in learning and teaching.
Join the Twitter discussion