This is the third in a series of podcasts focused on further education and skills (FE), hosted by Andrew McFadyen and Louisa Stamatelopoulos. Throughout this series Andrew and Louisa are joined by experts from further education colleges to shine a light on how they support digital development through the use of Jisc tools, such as the digital elevation tool, building digital capability service and digital experience insights surveys.
In this edition, our hosts welcome Stevie Emmanuel, head of technology enhanced learning, and Yusuf Ibrahim, assistant principal, from Cardiff and Vale College to the show to discuss how new technologies are driving their digital strategy.
Stevie begins by talking about the move from a TEL strategy to a full college digital transformation and how the Jisc digital elevation tool has helped to craft that strategy.
Next, Stevie looks at the impact on staff and learners of embracing change in a digital world and how a student-led project, TEL Talks, has increased engagement.
Yusuf and Stevie give an example of how their student digital leaders have collaborated to gain future-ready skills.
The guests also share their advice for teachers looking to use new digital technology in the classroom and look to the future at how the role of the FE teacher may change over time.
Finally, Yusuf discusses how Cardiff and Vale College are removing the barriers from equity, equality and diversity through the use of technology.
- See how our digital capability service can help you
- Find out more about how the digital elevation tool can elevate FE and skills providers’ digital ambitions
- Discover how the digital experience insights service works
- Explore our further education and skills hub
- Subscribe to our Headlines newsletter, which has all the latest edtech news, guidance and events tailored to you
- Get in touch with us at email@example.com if you’d like to come on the show or know someone who might suit the series