We have a number of guides that may be of interest:
- Creating blended learning content
- Curriculum design and support for online learning
- Enhancing the student digital experience: a strategic approach includes a section entitled Deliver an relevant digital curriculum
- Develop your students’ employability skills through technology
- Mobile learning
- Scaling up online learning
- Technology and tools for online learning has a section on virtual learning environments
Our e-books for FE service offers a collection of free e-books for all UK further education colleges
Assessment and e-portfolios
- Enhancing assessment and feedback with technology: a guide for FE and skills
- Getting started with e-portfolios
Accessibility and inclusion
- Our accessible organisations blog
- Our blog post on how you can make resources accessible for those with disabilities
- Enhancing staff support for learners with disabilities
- Enhancing the student digital experience: a strategic approach includes a section entitled Deliver an inclusive digital student experience
- Getting started with accessibility and inclusion
- Meeting the requirements of learners with special educational needs
Learner-focused digital resources
A small selection of links designed to highlight the availability learner-focused resources that may be of interest to skills providers:
- Being Digital: Skills for Life Online is a suite of over 40 short, easy to follow online resources, each less than 10 minutes long. Designed by the library services team at the Open University, they can help you develop essential skills for study, work and lifelong learning. Resources can be accessed through the A-Z index or users can take a short self-assessment linked to four themed pathways.
- Citizen Maths – a free online resource for people who want to improve their grasp of maths, and become more confident in using maths at work and in life.
- Interactive resources for English (Literacy), maths (numeracy), English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) and Information Technology (IT) from the Excellence Gateway.
- Interactive resources to support Core Skills from Education Scotland
- Learn My Way by the Tinder Foundation is a free online resource designed to help people to develop and improve their digital skills. The Learn My Way platform boosts accessibility and engagement. See also Community How To to find a tool to help you do more with digital.
- The Wales Essential Skills Toolkit (known as the WEST toolkit) offers a screening test to assess users starting levels in digital literacy and other essential skills and provides access to resources to support learners to develop their skills, knowledge and understanding.