Accessibility and inclusion
- Our accessibility blog – explore the blog for a wide range of recommendations and case studies
- Our guide to enhancing staff support for learners with disabilities
- Our guide to enhancing the student digital experience: a strategic approach includes a section entitled Deliver an inclusive digital student experience
- Our quick guide to getting started with accessibility and inclusion
- Our blog post on how you can make resources accessible for those with disabilities
- Our guide to meeting the requirements of learners with special educational needs
Change agents and staff-student partnerships
- Jisc change agents’ network
- Our guide to developing successful student-staff partnerships
- Our quick guide to getting started with staff-student partnerships
- Our building digital capability project
- Our guide to creating blended learning content.
- Our quick guide to Developing students’ digital capability
- Our quick guide to Digitally enable your team to improve learner engagement
- Our guide on your staff, mobile devices, law and liability
Online CPD resources to support the development of digital skills
- FutureLearn: Blended Learning Essentials: Getting Started and Blended Learning Essentials: Embedding Practice. This free, two-part Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) was particularly designed for the vocational education and training sector to promote effective practice and pedagogy in blended learning.
- Learn My Way by the Tinder Foundation is a free online resource designed to help people to develop and improve their digital skills. The Learn My Way platform boosts accessibility and engagement. See also Community How To to find a tool to help you do more with digital.
The Learning Futures Programme (2014-2015) led by the Education and Training Foundation commissioned 17 projects to develop CPD resources for staff, leaders and governors to increase their skills and confidence to get the most from learning technologies. The project reports and outputs are available to download from the project site. Some of the CPD projects and outputs you may find useful include:
Appropriate for all providers
- Plumpton College and FE Sussex: A practitioners Getting Started toolkit focusing on VLEs
- Westminster Adult Education Service: Let’s do media
Specifically relevant to ACL providers
- Gateshead Council: NETSPass North East Tutor and Student Passport
- Workers Education Association: FIT Governance online module
Specifically relevant to training providers
- Association of Colleges Eastern Region (ACER): Digital approaches to English and maths with traineeships and apprenticeships
- PETA Training and consultancy services: Video learning for engineering apprentices
- Open University: Suitable for staff and students, Being Digital: Skills for Life Online is a suite of over 40 short, easy to follow online resources, each less than 10 minutes long. Designed by the library services team at the Open University, they can help you develop essential skills for study, work and lifelong learning. Resources can be accessed through the A-Z index or users can take a short self-assessment linked to four themed pathways.