How Jisc preservation and Archivematica can help you achieve strong ratings in the service capabilities section of the Digital Preservation Coalition's Rapid Assessment Model (DPC RAM).
We all know preservation is “a good thing”. Why does it seem so hard to begin? It’s a question Jisc has often asked its members. The most common responses are “we don’t have a budget” and “we don’t know where to begin”.
If you find yourself in that situation then this is the webinar for you.
The DPC RAM is a maturity model designed to help you quickly understand your organisational, technical, and functional capabilities. Using the DPC RAM will help you assess where your organisation is currently, where you want to go and what you need to get there.
Tools such as Archivematica can help you build your technical and functional capability and the webinar will show you how. Behind Archivematica is an open and diverse community of users to provide support along your digital preservation journey.
This webinar will outline the DPC RAM service capability levels that can be achieved by using Archivematica and working with domain experts such as archivists, librarians, and preservation specialists. There are also benefits to working with the experts and engaging with the communities at Jisc, Artefactual, and DPC. Remember, if you want to go fast go alone, if you want to go far then go together.
In this webinar we will be covering:
- The need for preservation
- Assessing your current readiness
- Making the case using the DPC Rapid Assessment Model
- Practical application of open source tools, techniques and systems in the early stages of rolling out preservation
- Where to get started
Who should attend
Those who want to:
- Know more about digital preservation
- Want to know about how to evaluate their preservation maturity
- Want to introduce digital preservation to their institution
- Want to know how Jisc's preservation underpinned by Archivematica could help support their preservation strategy
Anyone whose roles include:
- Senior management, research management, electronic records management, collections management
- Information technology
- Librarians, archivists, researchers
- Finance, compliance or governance office
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org