Our board of trustees is made up of senior leaders and managers working in UK further and higher education.
Read the latest trustees' report and financial statements (pdf).
These experts determine our strategic direction and priorities to reflect the present and future needs of the education and research communities.
The Jisc board meet to:
- Approve the strategic aims for Jisc and its value and standards
- Ensure that financial and human resources are in place to meet these aims
- Review management performance
- Ensure that Jisc's obligations to its owners and funders are understood and met
- Agree objectives and monitor performance
- Oversee the integrity of the company's accounting and financial reporting systems
- Oversee the integrity of the external audit process
- Approve the annual financial statement based on advice from the audit committee
- Review its own performance and effectiveness annually
They include appointments of our representative members meaning Jisc is owned and guided by the communities it serves, truly delivering against their priorities.
Our board of trustees
- Professor David Maguire (chair) - vice-chancellor, University of Greenwich
- Professor Liz Barnes - vice-chancellor and chief executive at Staffordshire University - appointed by Universities UK
- Susan Bowen - vice-president and general manager, Cogeco Peer 1
- Dr Paul Feldman - chief executive, Jisc
- Professor Philip Gummett OBE - retired chief executive, Higher Education Funding Council for Wales - appointed by our funders
- Robin Ghurbhurun, chief executive and principal of Richmond upon Thames College - appointed by AoC
- Professor Paul Layzell - principal, Royal Holloway, University of London
- Rob McWilliam - previously vice-president of consumables, Amazon UK
- Professor Mark Smith - vice-chancellor, Lancaster University
- Professor Nigel Seaton, principal and vice-chancellor, Abertay University - appointed by GuildHE
- Dr Ken Thomson - principal, Forth Valley College
- Professor Anne Trefethen - pro vice-chancellor and chief information officer, University of Oxford
Our representative members each appoint one person to the board and act collectively to appoint the chair. Our funders collectively appoint one person to the board. A single observer representing all the funders can attend Jisc board meetings. Up to six further trustees are appointed by the board to ensure a sufficient mix of skills and experience to provide strategic oversight of Jisc.