The clinic will be open from 12:15 and will run from 12:30 to 13:30.
Our November eduroam clinic will begin with a 30 minute clinic including the latest news and service updates, as well as the opportunity to discuss any topics you wish to raise.
The second 30 minutes will be a focused session on deploying Govroam as a Visited Only service alongside eduroam. This can be daunting but is, usually, a simple process. This can strengthen ties with the local public sector and have the reciprocal effect of encouraging other local public sector organisations to deploy a Visited Only eduroam service in response. We will be discussing such considerations as the capabilities of the existing WLAN infrastructure, the setup of the existing RADIUS services and networking topologiy/VLAN availability.
Please add your name and organisation in the 'name' field when entering.
Are you in the process of implementing eduroam at your UK organisation? Or perhaps you are supporting an eduroam service on your site and need further guidance.
The live online eduroam clinic gives you the opportunity to ask questions and have them answered, provide feedback on any areas that are problematic, as well as share your eduroam journey with other organisations.
These clinics run regularly on the first Tuesday of every month with bookings open a month in advance.
Questions may include:
- How do I use the eduroam test facilities?
- What's a NAPTR record and why do I want one?
- I'm sending Operator-Name, why does your website say that I'm not?
- What are the effects of incorrect shared secrets between NAS and AA servers?
- When can I have an eduroam monitor probe?
Benefits will include:
- Share your experiences with like-minded people at different stages of the implementation process
- Gain feedback and support on any areas that may have been problematic
- Instant answers to technical questions directly from the experts
- One to one slots available within the session, should you require more in-depth assistance
Session preparation and setup
The clinic will be run in Adobe Connect.
In order to access the session you will require a web browser running Adobe Flash 10 or later, an integrated headset and microphone or headphones and a built-in microphone.
Who should attend
Anyone from a UK-based organisation who is thinking about implementing eduroam, in the process of implementing eduroam or is running a live eduroam service.
The clinic is discussion based and relies on participation. You will get answers to specific technical issues you are experiencing.
This clinic focus is upon technical support rather than general questions about the eduroam service. Service information, general guidance and FAQs are available on the eduroam service page. We also provide hands-on eduroam implementation courses.
Email email@example.com or phone 01235 822242.