9 October to 10 October and 23 October to 24 OctoberEdinburgh
Digital technologies play a central role in the ways that today’s students manage their lives and work – and they expect their university or college and its staff to be similarly open to the potential of digital.
How do you meet their expectations? How does your organisation craft and implement a digital strategy that enhances learning and teaching, builds reputation and enables you to develop a competitive edge?
Who will lead the digital agenda?
Whether you are already in a leadership role or you have one in your sights, our digital leaders programme will equip you to lead the digital agenda. Over four days (two, two-day residentials) we’ll inspire you and give you the tools, knowledge and confidence to pass that inspiration on to others within your organisation.
As a leader (or aspiring leader) your organisation needs you to:
- Invest in your personal and professional development to keep your skills and knowledge current
- Explore how organisations can engage more effectively and creatively with digital technology – at both strategic and operational levels
- Discover and reflect on how digital technology is changing the way your organisation operates – creating new leadership challenges and strategic opportunities
- Learn to lead, manage and influence digitally driven change across organisations, departments, services and teams
Who should attend
If you are an organisational leader our digital leaders course is designed to help you achieve these goals regardless of the discipline, function or department you work in.
It’s particularly useful for leaders who don’t perform a directly technical role.
What we cover
The four-day programme is made up of a pair of two-day residential workshops, each of which includes accommodation and an evening meal at the end of day one.
Come prepared to roll your sleeves up and get involved in a set of engaging sessions. There’s also plenty of opportunity to reflect and to talk to leading experts.
We’ll make sure you have access to a range of pre-course reading to help you get the most from the programme and we’ll ask you to complete some individual activities between workshops one and two.
#JiscDigLead @boucher_jason The last two days have without a shadow of a doubt been two of the best I have ever had on any course anywhere. Made more so by some fantastic people I have met, and already look forward to meeting again.— Jason Boucher (@boucher_jason) January 27, 2018
By the end of the programme you will have:
- Discovered what makes a ‘digital’ leader
- Mapped your own digital practice and explored how that influences the way you currently work, collaborate and communicate
- Mapped your organisation’s digital environment and identified opportunities to make improvements
- Explored how to review, understand and overcome obstacles that prevent changes in practice and strategy
- Assessed the impact of digitally enabled change at strategic and operational levels across your organisation
- Created an action plan for becoming a more effective digital organisation
- Considered strategies for developing your own skills and effectiveness as a digital leader
- Learned how to use the processes and support tools from the programme to engage with staff in your own organisation
- Reflected on the Jisc digital capabilities framework and similar tools and how they may be used to support and plan a digital change programme
Watch our video to hear from Deborah Millar, formerly at Salford College (and now group director of digital learning technology at Grimsby Institute of Further and Higher Education). She has previously attended our digital leaders programme.
Pricing and eligibility
- £1,800 + VAT1
The price is per delegate and includes materials, lunch and refreshments, plus accommodation and an evening meal on day one of each residential.
Look out for further dates
We’re bringing the digital leaders programme to different locations around the UK in 2019 and beyond.
Keep an eye on this page for details as they become available or register your interest in your preferred location.
- London – May 2020
- Leeds - October 2020
- 1 VAT is charged at 20% of the value of the service. If you are a member of Jisc’s VAT-exempt cost sharing group, and you are able to provide confirmation of the exact taxable/exempt use of the service, we will be able to reduce the amount of VAT chargeable to reflect the taxable business use proportion of the service only. This additional information is required as a result of a change to HMRC policy. Please contact email@example.com if you require more information.