This is online course is taking place between 10:00 and 12:30.
This course date is fully booked.
Cyber Essentials helps give peace of mind that you’ve put essential security protections in place – and is critical for both reputation and compliance. Jisc is now offering Cyber Essentials as a service. This course is led by a Cyber Essentials assessor and designed to guide you through the 52 questions and prepare your organisation for certification.
During this highly-interactive live online course we will explore the 52 questions involved in the Cyber Essentials certification process, what they mean to your institution and the common problems and issues.
The course concludes with a short exam that will gain you a Demonstrated digital credential and puts you in a position to review and implement the changes needed to pass your Cyber Essentials certification.
Who should attend
Suitable for a wide audience from security roles, IT roles through to procurement roles bidding on government projects needing Cyber Essentials.
What we cover
- Cyber Essentials certification – what does it involve?
- An overview of the 52 questions
- Common pitfalls
- Discussion on aspects most relevant to your organisation
- Instant failures
- How to sell Cyber Essentials to senior management and gain organisational buy-in
- Assessor’s top tips
By the end of the session you will:
- Be able to highlight the benefits of obtaining Cyber Essentials certification to your organisation
- Be able to apply the 52 questions to your own organisation
- Have identified potential challenges and have a plan to resolve those
- Have a road map to Cyber Essentials certification planned
- Have succesfully completed the test questions
- Have confidence in applying for Cyber Essentials certification
Pricing and eligibility
Jisc members - £150 + VAT.1
- 1 VAT is charged at 20% of the value of the service. If you are a member of Jisc’s VAT-exempt cost sharing group, and you are able to provide confirmation of the exact taxable/exempt use of the service, we will be able to reduce the amount of VAT chargeable to reflect the taxable business use proportion of the service only. This additional information is required as a result of a change to HMRC policy. Please contact email@example.com if you require more information.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01235 822242.