Cyber Essentials helps give peace of mind that you’ve put essential security protections in place – and is critical for both reputation and compliance. Jisc is now offering Cyber Essentials as a service. This course is led by a Cyber Essentials assessor and designed to guide you through the 79 questions and prepare your organisation for certification.
During this highly-interactive live online course we will explore the 79 questions involved in the Cyber Essentials certification process, what they mean to your institution and the common problems and issues.
The course concludes with a short test that will gain you a Demonstrated digital credential and puts you in a good position to review and implement the changes needed to pass your Cyber Essentials certification.
Who should attend
Suitable for a wide audience from security roles, IT roles through to procurement roles bidding on government projects needing Cyber Essentials.
What we cover
- Cyber Essentials certification – what does it involve?
- An overview of the 79 questions
- Common pitfalls
- Discussion on aspects most relevant to your organisation
- Instant failures
- How to sell Cyber Essentials to senior management and gain organisational buy-in
- Assessor’s top tips
By the end of the session you will:
- Be able to highlight the benefits of obtaining Cyber Essentials certification to your organisation
- Be able to apply the 79 questions to your own organisation
- Have identified potential challenges and have a plan to resolve those
- Have a road map to Cyber Essentials certification planned
- Have successfully completed the test questions
- Have confidence in applying for Cyber Essentials certification
Pricing and eligibility
12 November - 10% discount for delegates attending the Jisc security conference 2021
- 1 All Jisc members – typically publicly funded FE, HE and Research institutions
- 2 VAT is charged at 20% of the value of the service. If you are a member of Jisc’s VAT-exempt cost sharing group, and you are able to provide confirmation of the exact taxable/exempt use of the service, we will be able to reduce the amount of VAT chargeable to reflect the taxable business use proportion of the service only. This additional information is required as a result of a change to HMRC policy. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require more information.
- 3 Eligible local government, public sector, private/independent education providers and non-profit customers
For more information, email email@example.com or phone 01235 822242.
An easy route to procurement
We are an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service dynamic purchasing system (DPS). This provides a simple and trusted way for public sector buyers and our members to procure Jisc cyber security services and training.