As a student, you are the expert in education because you are experiencing learning, teaching and research every day.
At Jisc we would like to know what is important to you regarding the use of technology in education and research. We want to hear first-hand what digital skills you need for your future, how you want to learn and much more.
This is an opportunity for you to share your thoughts. Your voice will feed into our business strategy and help us to make sure that our future work provides technology-enhanced learning for the next generation of students.
What can I get involved in?
Being a student partner will require up to five days of your time over the academic year - the more time you put in, the more we will all learn.
What’s in it for me?
This is an opportunity for you to develop and improve skills which will help you in your future career. We want to offer you workplace experience that will help you now and in the future.
There will always be a Jisc member of staff on hand to help and you will have someone at Jisc to talk to all year. We can also help you if you want to know more about our work, our team would be delighted to help you with your work too.
You will be invited to attend:
- Digifest – our learning and teaching conference to help the events team in March 2020
- Connect more – our regional events where local excellence is celebrated in June 2020
- Change agents' network (CAN) - an event focused on staff-student collaboration in April 2020
- Monthly online calls to keep in touch and up to date with interesting things going on in your college or university
You can also:
- Record podcasts
- Present at events or join an events panel discussion
- Shadow our team for a day to get an idea of your future options
- Be interviewed by or provide comment for the media
- Join a strategic board
- Take part in a social media takeover
- Contribute to research and development activities
We are looking for 30 partners: 15 from FE, 10 from HE and 5 PhD candidates.
Applications closed on the 20 September 2019.