A digitally literate organisation is better equipped to address a range of challenges so building capacity for strategic thinking and leadership around digital literacy at all levels is critical for organisational change in this area.
There are a number of approaches institutions can take to help drive forward digital literacies across the organisation in a consistent, holistic and sustainable way.
This section will focus on:
- Developing a strategic vision underpinned by institutional values and effective leadership
- Translating the vision into different strategies, policies and processes and taking a joined up approach
- Providing support services and opportunities which enable students and staff to develop their digital capabilities
- Enabling a supportive IT infrastructure which supports diverse digital practices and flexibility
- Promoting a culture of innovation and change where staff and students at all levels are involved in strategic conversations around digital literacies and a range of engagement models are supported
- Reviewing current policies, processes and practices to better understand existing support for digital literacy and help prioritise areas for development