Each session will start at 10:30 and run for 90 minutes.
You will need to complete each session and assignments to progress through the course.
This series of two online workshops on 7 and 21 June will explore ways in which technology-enhanced learning can support the development of learners’ digital identity and wellbeing.
Supporting learners’ digital identity and wellbeing is a key driver for organisations who want to prepare their learners for the digital workplace. In the first online workshop, participants will explore the issues learners face when developing digital identities. Between the workshops, participants will be asked to complete a short survey and identify some key challenges that they face. In the second workshop, they will reflect on current organisational practices, and address these challenges by sharing their approaches and solutions.
The workshops will help build confidence in participants and provide them with a range of activities to use with learners so they can make informed and responsible choices when using digital technologies that help them thrive in a digital world.
Participants will then be able to take away the associated resources and complete, reflect on and follow up the activities in their own time.
Participants will also be able to use the associated resources to run similar workshops in their own organisational settings.
- Share good practice and learn from others from within the education community
- Take away materials and skills to share with your teams
- One year of online support following the course
- Learn with our subject specialists
- All course materials provided
Who should attend
This workshop is aimed at curriculum staff and other professionals involved in supporting the welfare and support needs of learners (eg from the library, learning technology, learning support or employability teams).
What we cover
The workshop will cover the following:
The key drivers
Participants will consider how digital technologies impact on the learner experience and are changing the pathways of learners into, through, and beyond their studies. We'll share key drivers for supporting learners to develop positive digital identities and thrive in a digital world.
Developing digital capability in the organisation
Participants will use the Jisc six elements digital capabilities model and the learner profile to choose activities that develop specific digital capabilities relating to digital identity and wellbeing. They will then consider how best to adapt those activities for use within their own organisation.
Participants will reflect on current organisational practices and share and address challenges.
- Discuss the key drivers for supporting learners’ with their digital identity and wellbeing
- Understand how technology enhanced learning can support students’ digital capabilities
- Identify what we can do as individuals (and as institutions) to ensure the digital wellbeing of learners
- Reflect on current organisational practices
- Share and address challenges
Pricing and eligibility
Jisc members - £150 + VAT1
Other organisations - £200 + VAT
- 1 If, in addition to paying a subscription, your institution has opted to become a Jisc institutional member, then - as part of our VAT-exempt cost sharing group - you will not be charged VAT on your course fee. For more information visit our VAT-exempt cost sharing group page: https://www.jisc.ac.uk/membership/vat-exempt-cost-sharing-group
For more information, email email@example.com or phone 01235 822242.