ISO 27001 is a widely recognised standard for information security management systems (ISMS) and likely to become a mandatory standard for education institutions in the future. It is designed to help organisations of all types and sizes manage information security processes while optimising costs.
This one-day course provides an introduction to ISO 27001 best practice and achieving compliance with the standard.
Who should attend
Anyone looking to learn more about ISO 27001, prospective ISO 27001 project managers and auditors.
This course may be particularly useful for:
- IT or information security analysts, managers, consultants and project mangers
- Heads of IT and operations/quality managers.
This course is only available to Jisc members.
What we cover
- An overview of available standards and management system documentation
- The benefits of ISMS certification
- The core elements of an ISMS
- Key elements of ISMS implementation project planning
- An overview of ISO 27001 and its application
- The key steps of an ISO 27001 risk assessment
- An overview of the ISO 27001 Annex A controls
An overview and understanding of:
- Management system standards and integrated management systems
- Management system documentation and the requirements of ISO 27001
- The drivers for ISMS certification and the process of getting certified
- ISO 27001 and its application to improve information security
- Key elements of an ISMS implementation project: planning, scoping and communication
- Key steps of an ISO 27001 risk assessment
- ISO 27001 Annex A controls
- The value of accredited certification and what is required
Pricing and eligibility
Jisc institutional members: £485 + VAT
Please note, you are requesting a place on a public run of this course so we are unable to provide refunds for cancellations.