Building on the successful portfolio of SHERPA services, SHERPA REF helps authors and institutions decide whether a journal allows them to comply with the REF policy, and what to do when it does and when it does not.
Beta service available
In March 2016 we launched SHERPA REF as a beta service.
You can start using SHERPA REF now. We're also looking for your feedback on the service in order to help us improve it.
Key aims and benefits
SHERPA REF will be a web application that will:
- Provide UK higher education institution (HEI) authors with an innovative, easy to use web service
- Quickly and accurately check if a journal of choice is compliant with the REF open access (OA) policy
- Take account of the REF Panel under which a publication will fall
- Advise authors on how to comply and inform them of relevant embargoes or other issues arising from publisher and journal policies
- Provide UK HEIs with an innovative, easy to use web service that will advise them on what they need to know and do to ensure their publication output complies with the REF OA policy
SHERPA REF will benefit repository managers and academic authors in particular.
Get in touch
For more information about this project contact Azhar Hussain.