Your decision to invest in AWS’s market-leading cloud platform of over 200 services will make web-scale computing easier for your developers and service providers. However, you may still find it hard to find the time and head space to focus on delivering your organisation’s digital transformation. It may be easier to save time by handing responsibility for day-to-day management of your AWS environment to our managed AWS service delivery team.
Choose your level of support
Core managed service
If you’re planning to continue to manage aspects of your AWS environments for yourselves, opting for our core managed service could be a good bet. It provides:
- First-line support for AWS compute, storage, networking, security, identity and compliance, and escalation to AWS Developer Support or AWS Business Support (where purchased)
- A service desk – for change requests and incident handling
- Configuration and management of EC2 instance patching and anti-malware
- Monitoring of EC2 instances – (memory, CPU, disk, network traffic), CloudWatch dashboards, uptime monitoring and alerting)
- Monthly monitoring and reporting – on patching, incident management, security and compliance, cost optimisation and availability
And if you need patching and monitoring, just ask – it’s yours, at no extra cost.
Enhanced managed service
Alternatively, go for an enhanced managed service if you’d like to include more:
- Enhanced 24/7 monitoring and proactive alerts if your public-facing web services hosted on AWS become unavailable, with a monthly report detailing their overall availability
- Automated power on/off scheduling for selected EC2 instances to help minimise your AWS costs
- Managed backup – for EC2 and RDS instances – configuration and scheduling of lifecycle and retention policies
- Enhanced anti-malware – for critical applications and services – COTS anti-malware config, reporting, monitoring and alerting
- Monthly calls to talk about any issues with key members of the support team (eg your Jisc relationship manager, managed service manager or an AWS solution architect)
- Two days’ free consultancy annually with our AWS solution architects or cloud consultants (split into half-day sessions if you prefer)
- Annual security review of your AWS infrastructure
Optional extras for the enhanced managed service
- Enhanced security – longer log retention, CIS Level 2 benchmarking, AWS Service Control Policies, AWS WAF and enhanced endpoint protection
Managed services billing portal
Billing features for core and enhanced service options:
- Cost monitoring
- Pre-payment options
- Management of credits
- SAML 2 support
Support that meets your needs, whatever your stage of cloud maturity
Make sure your service level agreement is watertight. Procuring through Jisc gives you access to AWS’ strong service level agreement, giving you peace of mind and defining the crucial aspects of the service like responsibility, quality and availability between AWS and your organisation.
Optimise efficiencies with personalised monthly recommendation reports that help you save money and keep you up to date on cost best practice, reserved instances, EC2 right-sizing, usage best practice and the security of your AWS accounts. You’ll also get monthly reports on service incidents and patching.
Get expert help and advice whenever you need it. If you need advice, design, or hands-on working with your team, just ask us about additional consultancy support.
Getting help is simple with managed AWS. Your IT support team needs just one point of contact. It’s us!
We triage calls about service issues via our ITSM web portal and pass them on to AWS if required. Pass your billing, subscription and other issues to us, too.
Jisc's cloud solutions team can support your procurement processes. For example, we can provide members and customers with AWS products and services through the digital marketplace G-Cloud framework, OCRE framework, OGVA and by direct award.
Case study: providing a robust digital lifeline for people in crisis
Samaritans provides 24-hour support, so digital transformation was a priority for them to improve business efficiencies and keep pace with the changing behaviours of its service users.
Need help managing payments for our services?
Did you know you our customers can make pre-payments for Jisc cloud products and services ahead of the time they wish to use them, they can then ‘draw down’ against the pre-payment to be applied to Jisc invoices for completed projects involving Jisc products or services.
Our partnership with AWS
As an AWS Consulting Partner and AWS Government Reseller with extensive expertise in the AWS platform we can support you through procurement, design, and delivery of AWS with a support wrapper and ongoing full life-cycle management.