Register your interest for future dates
Scopus application programming interfaces (APIs) can save you time and improve efficiency by automatically extracting real-time data from Scopus and integrating it with your systems and applications.
Scopus is a source-neutral abstract and citation database curated by independent subject matter experts. It places powerful discovery and analytics tools in the hands of researchers, librarians, institutional research managers and funders. It captures articles being published in virtually all scholarly journals of any significance in the world and its profiling of authors and institutions makes it easy to find new articles by those authors at those institutions.
If you have access to Scopus, you have free access to Scopus APIs. These offer the same features, but with results in a machine-readable format that enables software, rather than humans on the web, to find articles, authors and institutions in Scopus.
Popular use cases for Scopus APIs include:
- Showing publication metadata on your website
- Showing documents cited-by counts on your website
- Showing journal SNIP/SJR/IPP/Citescore on your website
- Federated search
- Populating IRs with document metadata and links
- Populating CRIS with document and citation overviews
- Bibliometrics/business/research intelligence applications
Who should attend
The primary audience for this course is:
- Researchers – use APIs to showcase your research
You may also find it useful if you are a:
- Research officer assessing an institutes’ top researchers, research strengths, collaborations and impact
- Bibliometrician/analyst responsible for measuring the reach of an institutions’ publications using Scopus
The online training is free to attend, but access to Scopus and prior knowledge of Scopus is expected as the training will be at aimed at an intermediate level.
What we cover
In this session, the fundamentals of the following will be covered:
- Explaining the Scopus API data model and workflow;
- Using Scopus APIs for Academic Research;
- How to create an API key
- Popular use cases of how to extract data from Scopus, and add that data to their systems and applications
- Accessing APIs depending on technical expertise (limited or advanced)
Following the online webinar, you will better understand:
- How you can sign up to and access Scopus APIs.
- What Scopus APIs can deliver for your researchers and institutions
- Using Scopus APIs with a limited or extended programming knowledge
For more information, email email@example.com or phone 01235 822242.
19 March 2020 - integrating APIs into your everyday workflow
Alternatively, you can watch the briefing on Adobe Connect.