There are no dates currently scheduled.
As part of our R&D work, we use a wide range of techniques to help us understand problems and opportunities, imagine solutions and then create them.
We have collected these techniques into a playbook that anyone can use to solve problems, answer questions and create new ideas.
The playbook consists of 27 techniques that are split into three sections: understand, imagine and build.
All of the techniques have been designed to be carried out by anyone regardless of skills, training and available budget.
The playbook is a useful tool for anyone facing a problem or an opportunity. It can be used to quickly develop an outline plan to help you move from understanding your problem or opportunity, imaging a solution, explaining it to others and developing practical prototypes - even if you have no technical background.
This course has been designed as a very practical workshop that will give you ideas and techniques that you can use on a regular basis.
This course is led by Andy McGregor, deputy chief innovation officer, Jisc.
Who should attend
The techniques in the playbook are appropriate to anyone who regularly finds themselves with a problem they need to solve or an opportunity they need to seize. The techniques work for any size or type of problem or opportunity.
People who have found previous sessions useful include:
- Learning technologists
- IT experts
What we cover
The workshop will begin by introducing the playbook and explaining how to use it. Following this, delegates will be presented with a scenario involving digital technology and challenged to use the playbook to develop an approach for dealing with the scenario.
- Each team will get a chance to present their approach and get feedback from the group
- The first session will end with a challenge to use the playbook back at your institution
- The second session will explore some of the techniques in more detail. The tutor will share some of Jisc’s experiences, good and bad, in using the techniques and we will invite delegates to share their own experiences since the first session
- Every delegate will receive a copy of the playbook prior to the start of the course. This playbook will be yours to keep so you are able to continue to use what you have learned on the course
- Learn how to use the techniques in the playbook to solve the problems or seize the opportunities they face in their institutions
- Have a chance to learn from the experiences of their peers who have faced similar situations in other institutions
Pricing and eligibility
Jisc members - £150 + VAT1
Other organisations - £200 + VAT
- 1 VAT is charged at 20% of the value of the service. If you are a member of Jisc’s VAT-exempt cost sharing group, and you are able to provide confirmation of the exact taxable/exempt use of the service, we will be able to reduce the amount of VAT chargeable to reflect the taxable business use proportion of the service only. This additional information is required as a result of a change to HMRC policy. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require more information.
For more information, email email@example.com or phone 01235 822242.