This is an online course taking place between 10:00 and 12:00.
It will be run over Zoom and you will receive full joining instructions upon booking.
The third course in a series of four on the theme of making assistive technology decisions. While it is useful if participants have some understanding of the experiences of implementing assistive technology, those new to the field are welcome. This course will be led by subject specialists from the strategy and infrastructure teams, who have experience in assistive technology, applications and networks.
Suitable for those seeking an introduction to strategic approaches for deploying assistive technology, there will also be opportunities for more experienced practitioners to reflect on or enhance their existing practice.
The other courses in this 'making assistive technology decisions' series will be delivered during 2022 and will cover the following topics:
Who should attend
People working in further and higher education with an interest in effectively deploying assistive technology. This will likely include, but is not restricted to, people working in roles such as: leaders with an interest in inclusive technology; IT managers and support technicians; learning technology or resources managers; student support managers; disability advisers; assistive technologists; lecturers in specialist settings.
Maximum group size 20.
What we cover
This two hour live online course will cover:
- Taking a strategic approach
- Considering the different contexts in which AT is used
- Ownership of AT and support provision
- Reviewing assistive technology applications
- Networking considerations
By the end of the session participants will be able to:
- Understand what needs to be included in an AT strategy
- Reflect on own role in leading or contributing to a strategy
- Consider useful processes to support AT deployment
- Know where to obtain further support and guidance
Pricing and eligibility
- Jisc members - £95 + VAT
- Non member, not-for-profit - £115 + VAT
- Other organisations - £150 + VAT
If participants book all four courses in the ‘making assistive technology decisions’ series, we offer four for the price of three discount.
Please email email@example.com for the discount code if booking all four sessions.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01235 822242.