This is an online course taking place between 10:00 and 12:00.
It will be run over Zoom and you will receive full joining instructions upon booking.
The fourth course in a series of four on the theme of making assistive technology decisions. While it is useful if participants have some understanding of the experiences of students who have a vision impairment, those new to the field are welcome. In this course, the term vision impairment includes students who are blind, have low/partial vision and those with cerebral vision impairment (CVI).
Suitable for those seeking an introduction to assistive technology for VI students in further and higher education, there will also be opportunities for more experienced practitioners to reflect on or enhance their existing practice. Supporting materials will be provided.
The other courses in this 'making assistive technology decisions' series will be delivered during 2022 and will cover the following topics:
Who should attend
People working in further and higher education with an interest in assistive technology and empowering students with vision impairment. This will likely include, but is not restricted to, people working in roles such as: disability adviser, needs assessor, assistive technologist, student support adviser, teaching assistant, alternative format creator, or lecturer.
Maximum group size 20.
What we cover
This two hour live online course will cover:
- Taking a student-centred approach
- Technology in different contexts
- Software and hardware (including apps)
- Accessible and alterative formats
- Collaborative working and sources of support
By the end of the session participants will be able to:
- Use student-centred methods when making AT recommendations for students with vision impairment
- Consider where AT sits in terms of reasonable adjustments and inclusive practice
- Apply frameworks that support information gathering and decision making
- Begin to create an expert network to support your practice
Pricing and eligibility
- Jisc members - £95 + VAT
- Non member, not-for-profit - £115 + VAT
- Other organisations - £150 + VAT
If participants book all four courses in the ‘making assistive technology decisions’ series, we offer four for the price of three discount.
Please email email@example.com for the discount code if booking all four sessions.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01235 822242.