This course introduces the principles of cloud computing and how these principles have been implemented in Microsoft Azure. It will take you through the process of implementing the core Azure infrastructure, consisting of virtual networks and storage. You will learn how to create the most common Azure services, including Azure virtual machines (VMs), web apps, and SQL databases. The course concludes by describing features of Azure Active Directory (AD) and methods of integrating it with on-premises Active Directory.
This course is delivered through a mix of instructor led training and hands-on labs. It includes a trial Azure subscription providing 30 days access to Azure (maximum spend of £75.00).
Delegates are advised that any email account used to subscribe to the Azure trial subscriptions will be locked to them and cannot be used again for other Azure subscriptions. It is therefore advised that delegates create a new Microsoft Outlook/Hotmail/Live email account in order to register their trial Azure subscription.
Delegates attending this course will receive a 60% discount on any other Azure training courses provided by QA Ltd.
Who should attend
This course is intended for IT professionals. Technical knowledge of the following is recommended:
- Understanding of websites
- Basic understanding of virtualisation
- Basic understanding of Active Directory concepts, including domains, users, and domain controllers
- Basic understanding of database concepts including tables and simple queries
What we cover
- Module 1: Getting started with Microsoft Azure
- Module 2: Microsoft Azure management tools
- Module 3: Virtual machines in Microsoft Azure
- Module 4: Web apps and cloud services
- Module 5: Creating and configuring virtual networks
- Module 6: Cloud storage
- Module 7: Microsoft Azure databases
- Module 8: Creating and managing Azure AD
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
- Describe cloud computing, Azure, and Azure subscriptions
- Describe and create Azure web apps
- Create and configure VMs in Microsoft Azure
- Create and Azure virtual network
- Describe Azure storage
- Describe and deploy databases in Azure
- Describe Azure AD
Pricing and eligibility
This course is only available to Jisc members.
For more information, including cost and how to commission this course for your team, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01235 822242.
Jisc can assist your institution to understand Cloud and how it can bring value at the forefront of an Education and Research institution's digital strategy. We are able to advise on platform selection, business cases definition, strategy, road maps, planning, implementation, and adoption. For more information please click here: https://www.jisc.ac.uk/network/cloud