This briefing, relevant to a broad range of institutional staff involved in the planning and delivery of education overseas, will give an overview of our support for international education. The session will cover how optimising technology and infrastructure, access to resources and content, as well as digital skills and capabilities can deliver an equitable and high-quality student experience.
The session will specifically cover our learning and activities specific to China, given the number of international students and complexity of the technical environment.
These online drop-ins will explore the questions that you are telling us are worrying you most.
Participants will be invited to share their own stories during the session as well as collaborate and learn from others.
Who should attend
- International leaders and managers
- Heads of e-learning and digital strategy
- Teaching and learning leaders and managers
- IT leaders and managers
- Library staff
- Quality and student experience staff
The session is free to attend and is open to anyone from Jisc member institutions (e.g. UK further education college, specialist colleges or higher education institution). We reserve the right to limit the number of bookings from the same institution.
What we cover
- What are the short, medium- and long-term issues facing institutions internationally as a result of COVID-19?
- Outlining areas of current support from Jisc, and the opportunity to shape our future support for international education
- Sharing experiences, challenges and opportunities of members
- The opportunity to for Jisc and our members to work more closely together in defining and developing our support for members
- Our key role in a cross-sector approach, both nationally and globally
- Consideration of the ‘what next’ beyond the immediate impact and response to the pandemic, how do we capitalise on the digital shift towards more innovative and exciting methods of delivery
The opportunity to ask questions of Jisc international strategic and technical leads and to share thoughts, experiences and plans with colleagues from across the Jisc membership.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
29 May 2020 recording
Slides for international education delivery in the "new normal"
(Please let us know if you would like an accessible version of this presentation and we will send one through to you.)