There are no dates currently scheduled.
This series of implementing accessibility courses is centred around supporting colleges and universities to meet the requirements of the public sector web accessibility regulations.
Vision and buy-in, the first in the series, will focus on understanding the range of demands that meeting accessibility regulations by September 2020 will place on your institution.
This is ideal for anyone given responsibility for producing an organisational accessibility statement, or those with responsibility for implementing accessibility in their institution. Participants will learn how to establish an integrated approach to accessibility, championed by leadership with cross-organisational ownership.
Implementing accessibility: from strategy to practice
Alongside vision and buy-in, this series of courses also includes:
Who should attend
This course will be of interest to those working in areas such as:
- Senior and middle managers (eg student experience, learning technology, teaching and learning)
- Learning technologists and web designers
- Accessibility officers and quality monitoring team
- Anyone tasked with producing an organisational accessibility statement
What we cover
- Understand the September 2020 obligations of the accessibility regulations and where organisational accountabilities lie
- Learn what a jointly owned strategic cross functional approach looks like
- Gaining senior management buy-in
- Establishing organisational area ownerships for objective development and implementation
- Working with a steering group to build a roadmap
- Agreeing the approach required for implementing sustainable accessibility
By the end of the sessions participants will be able to:
- Establish an integrated approach to accessibility, championed by leadership with cross-organisational ownership
- Identify key process and facility owners who should be on an accessibility working group and facilitate identification of urgent actions
Pricing and eligibility
We're offering this first course (29 May and 5 June) for free to Jisc members.
Future dates will be charged as normal, depending on developments around coronavirus.
- Jisc members - £150 + VAT
- Other organisations - £300 + VAT
This course can be adapted for single-institution delivery so you can have more control over timing and staff attendance. Email email@example.com for more information.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01235 822242.