There are no upcoming course dates.
This series of implementing accessibility courses is centred around supporting colleges and universities to meet the requirements of the public sector web accessibility regulations.
Auditing and objective setting, the second course in the series, is for anyone given responsibility for producing an organisational accessibility statement or those with responsibility for implementing accessibility in their institution.
Participants will learn what content needs to meet accessibility standards and how to gather evidence and produce objectives for the compilation of an effective accessibility statement.
Implementing accessibility: from strategy to practice
Alongside auditing and objective setting, this series of courses also includes:
Who should attend
This course will be of interest to those working in areas such as:
- Senior and middle managers (eg student experience, learning technology, teaching and learning)
- Learning technologists and web designers
- Accessibility officers and quality monitoring teams
- Anyone tasked with producing an organisational accessibility statement
What we cover
- Become familiar with what content is in scope under the regulations, and the organisational responsibilities
- Understand the purpose and appropriate elements of an accessibility statement in the context of your organisation
- Using audit tools and checklists for current status evidence gathering
- Assigning evidence to appropriate functional areas / objective owners within your organisation
- Facilitating objective owners to build evidence based, outcome focussed objectives
- Combining evidence and objectives into a cross-functionally owned accessibility statement
By the end of the sessions partcipants will be able to:
- Scope out and how to check their content for accessibility
- Identify appropriate owners for different aspects of accessibility, and facilitate the objective building process
- Compile accessibility statements towards supporting a sustainable approach to implementing accessibility
Pricing and eligibility
- Jisc members - £150 + VAT
- Other organisations - £300 + VAT
This course can be adapted for single-institution delivery so you can have more control over timing and staff attendance. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
For more information, email email@example.com or phone 01235 822242.