Online surveys (formerly BOS) is a tool offered by Jisc.
Each year, the Higher Education Academy (HEA) delivers three student surveys using online surveys:
- Postgraduate taught experience survey (PTES)
- Postgraduate research experience survey (PRES)
- United Kingdom engagement survey (UKES)
This training session is designed as an introduction to online surveys and how it should be used to design, distribute and analyse this set of surveys.
Throughout the day, delegates are shown demonstrations, given practical exercises and have the opportunity to ask questions.
The course will be delivered by Darren Colquhoun, online surveys (BOS) client support officer at Jisc.
- Tailored course specifically designed for the HEA surveys being delivered that year
- Learn from an online surveys expert
- Opportunity to meet other survey officers and share experience of using online surveys
- All course materials, equipment provided
Who should attend
This course is aimed at first-time HEA survey officers, or HEA survey officers in need of a refresher using online surveys for the delivery of these surveys.
The course is not aimed at general online surveys users.
What we cover
- An introduction to HEA surveys and online surveys
- Navigating the online surveys tool
- The lifecycle of an HEA benchmarking survey
- Designing a survey
- Distributing a survey
- Analysing a survey
- Benchmarking a survey
On completion of this one day course, delegates will be able to:
- Explain the lifecycle of the HEA surveys
- Demonstrate that they can use the functionality in online surveys to:
- Edit an HEA survey template and add institutional questions
- Upload a respondent list and distribute unique survey URLs
- Analyse their results and benchmark against other institutions taking part
Pricing and eligibility
£115 + VAT1.
- 1 If, in addition to paying a subscription, your institution has opted to become a Jisc institutional member, then - as part of our VAT-exempt cost sharing group - you will not be charged VAT on your course fee. For more information visit our VAT-exempt cost sharing group page: https://www.jisc.ac.uk/about/vat-cost-sharing-group
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01235 822242.