Online surveys (formerly BOS) is a tool offered by Jisc.
Each year, Advance HE (formerly the Higher Education Academy) delivers three student surveys using online surveys:
- Postgraduate taught experience survey (PTES)
- Postgraduate research experience survey (PRES)
- United Kingdom engagement survey (UKES)
This training session is designed as an introduction to online surveys and how it should be used to design, distribute and analyse this set of surveys.
Throughout the day, delegates are shown demonstrations, given practical exercises and have the opportunity to ask questions.
The course will be delivered by Darren Colquhoun, online surveys (BOS) client support officer at Jisc.
- Tailored course specifically designed for the Advance HE surveys being delivered that year
- Learn from an online surveys expert
- Opportunity to meet other survey officers and share experience of using online surveys
- All course materials, equipment provided
Who should attend
This course is aimed at first-time Advance HE survey officers, or Advance HE survey officers in need of a refresher using online surveys for the delivery of these surveys.
The course is not aimed at general online surveys users.
What we cover
- An introduction to Advance HE surveys and online surveys
- Navigating the online surveys tool
- The lifecycle of an Advance HE benchmarking survey
- Designing a survey
- Distributing a survey
- Analysing a survey
- Benchmarking a survey
On completion of this one day course, delegates will be able to:
- Explain the lifecycle of the Advance HE surveys
- Demonstrate that they can use the functionality in online surveys to:
- Edit an Advance HE survey template and add institutional questions
- Upload a respondent list and distribute unique survey URLs
- Analyse their results and benchmark against other institutions taking part
Pricing and eligibility
£350 + VAT1.
- 1 VAT is charged at 20% of the value of the service. If you are a member of Jisc’s VAT-exempt cost sharing group, and you are able to provide confirmation of the exact taxable/exempt use of the service, we will be able to reduce the amount of VAT chargeable to reflect the taxable business use proportion of the service only. This additional information is required as a result of a change to HMRC policy. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require more information.
For more information, email email@example.com or phone 01235 822242.