The clinic will be open from 12:15 and will run from 12:30 to 13:30.
There are no dates currently scheduled.
With technology changing at an accelerating rate, you need the right support to ensure that you continue to help your users and institution thrive in a competitive and global research environment.
As the largest, curated abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature, Scopus gives you the insights and tools to deliver best-in-class research experiences and fuel your institution’s research strategy and performance.
Join this webinar to experience hands-on training from product experts, have an introduction to the Scopus Certification Programme and hear from programme graduates about their experience.
The Scopus Certification Programme is a free online course comprising six modules which aims to give a greater insight into research sources, collaboration and metrics, and using that knowledge to expand training and consulting options with your library users.
Who should attend
The primary audience for this course is:
- Librarians responsible for training researchers and students in using abstracting and indexing (A&I) databases, including scholarly communications librarians and subject librarians
It will also be of benefit to:
- Bibliometricians and analysts responsible for measuring the reach of an institutions’ publications using Scopus
- Research officers assessing an institutes’ top researchers, research strengths, collaborations and impact
The online training is free to attend, but access to Scopus and prior knowledge of Scopus is expected as the training will be at aimed at an intermediate level.
What we cover
In this session, we will cover the training fundamentals of:
- Author identity
Following the online webinar, attendees will be able to better explain to students and academic colleagues how Scopus can be effectively used to:
- Structure and execute search strategies using the full range of topical search functionality offered in Scopus
- Interpret and work with author profiles
- Search for, and extract, article and journal level indicators
- Conduct comparative analytics and develop visualisations
There will be the opportunity to express interest in or sign up for the formal Scopus Certification Programme.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.