Watch the recording
There are no further dates scheduled, but a recording of the online briefing is now available for you to watch:
The accompanying presentation is available below:
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will require all organisations to examine their processing of personal data.
Understanding why and how data are being processed, and what the appropriate legal basis is for the processing, will be essential if organisations are to meet the GDPR’s requirements for information provision and data subject rights.
Who should attend
Staff responsible for processes or systems that handle personal data, or involved in their organisation’s plans for implementing the GDPR.
The online briefing is free to attend, and is open to anyone from Jisc member institutions and other research and education communities. We reserve the right to limit the number of bookings from the same institution.
What we cover
This briefing, following on from last year’s introduction, will look at three key processes:
- How to analyse the lifecycles of personal information you process
- How to identify the correct legal basis for processing
- How to structure privacy notices to provide information to data subjects in a human-friendly, comprehensible, way
Following this online briefing, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the information needed to document an information lifecycle
- Identify an appropriate legal basis for data processing activities
- Develop layered privacy notices to describe their processing activities
For more information, please email email@example.com.