This online course examines the capabilities of filtering and monitoring technologies, how they can be used in educational organisations and the policy and legal framework that supports them.
The course will help you assess your own organisation’s requirements and how filtering and monitoring might contribute to achieving them. Finally, we look at the different ways of deploying filtering and monitoring on your network and some of the solutions available on the market.
The course is led by Nelson Ody, our security services manager.
- Continued online support
- Affordable prices
- Share best practice with your peers
- Targeted assignments let you apply your knowledge to your organisation
- No travel, attend from the comfort of your own desk
The course will be delivered over three different days with live online sessions, as well as short offline assignments.
The live sessions will involve presentations, audio and interactive chat, both as a whole class and in breakout groups. We encourage participation and hope that you will feel able to share your experiences and examples of best practice with the group.
The live sessions will be run in Adobe Connect. In order to access the sessions you will require a web browser running Adobe Flash 13+ and a headset (or headphones and a microphone).
Who should attend
The course is designed for anyone considering or reviewing the use of filtering and monitoring technologies to implement organisational policies.
No experience with networking technologies is required, but it would be an advantage to have a foundation knowledge.
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Identify filtering and monitoring solutions appropriate to your organisation’s situation
- Review filtering technologies against your organisational needs
- Review monitoring techniques against your organisational needs
- Identify where policies and procedure need reviewing
- Make informed decisions on filtering and monitoring products.
Pricing and eligibility
- Jisc institutional members - £300 + VAT1
- Other organisations - £450 + VAT
- 1 If, in addition to paying a subscription, your institution has opted to become a Jisc institutional member, then - as part of our VAT-exempt cost sharing group - you will not be charged VAT on your course fee. For more information visit our VAT-exempt cost sharing group page: https://www.jisc.ac.uk/membership/vat-exempt-cost-sharing-group
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01235 822242.