Online training module covering phishing, malware and password security.
About the module
Increasingly institutions are being targeted by cyber criminals. It's highly likely that you will be the target of a malicious attack, either as part of a group or individually. Recovering from an attack can be very costly, both in terms of finance and reputation. It is therefore vital that you are familiar with the risks and are aware of what to do if the worst should happen.
This e-learning module can be either fully tailored to your institution with customisable information for your policies and procedures or provided ‘off the shelf’ to fit in with your current advice on these three major security issues password security, malware and phishing.
By completing this e-learning module, individuals will learn:
- How to recognise the most common types of threat
- How to avoid being caught out by some of the most basic of attacks
- What to do if they suspect they have been targeted
- Have the confidence to ask for help if their account has been compromised
Who should access the module
Both staff and students alike have responsibility to maintain good information security and need to play their part in sustaining it. Therefore, this module is appropriate for both staff and students.
What we cover
This module comprises three main learning sections:
- What is good password security?
- What are the risks of using weak passwords?
- What do the best passwords look like? - Dos and Don'ts
- What do I do if my account has been compromised?
- Password Vaults/Safes
- What is phishing?
- How it happens
- Phishing types
- Phishing defences: what do I do?
- What is malware?
- What does malware look like?
- Protecting yourself (and your institution)
- What to do if you think your computer or device has become infected
It also includes an introduction, conclusion and final assessment.
Each of the three learning sections has a scenario, knowledge checking questions throughout and summary. The module ends with a final assessment and successful completion of the module is dependent upon passing this assessment.
Pricing and further information
For more information email email@example.com or phone 01235 822242.