, , andOnline
Each session will start at 14:00 and run until 16:00.
Storytelling can be a powerful tool in a wide range of situations. You might be looking for a way to enhance teaching and learning. You could be a researcher trying to increase public engagement in your field. You could be working with students or other communities to capture their authentic voice as a way of bridging divides or shaping services.
Our digital storytelling workshop programme will help you:
- Develop your understanding of the use of narrative and storytelling in education, research or student support
- Learn how to write stories that are memorable, entertaining and engaging for your audience
- Use digital tools to create and share stories
- Facilitate your own collaborative storytelling projects
The programme consists of four participative online workshops with tasks to be completed between these sessions.
Who should attend
This workshop is aimed at anyone with an interest in developing the use of stories within their personal or professional practice. It will be of particular benefit to practitioners in curriculum design, public engagement with research and supporting students, particularly students from underrepresented groups.
What we cover
- Becoming a good storyteller - thinking about what makes a good story and how the use of language and structure can help you engage your audience
- Planning a storytelling project – considering different forms of digital storytelling, how to use storyboarding to streamline the process and where to find suitable visual and audio resources on the web
- Making your story digital – evaluating and using different digital tools for storytelling projects
- Running a digital storytelling project – choosing an appropriate format, structuring and facilitating a series of workshops, identifying opportunities and risks, publishing and broadcasting digital stories
- Evaluate existing digital stories to determine effective practice
- Write, plan and produce a digital story based on your own personal or professional experiences
- Create a draft plan for your own digital storytelling project
- Take away materials and skills to share with your teams
- Show evidence of your CPD through digital credentials available on completion of certain activities
- Share good practice and learn from others from within the education community
Pricing and eligibility
- Jisc institutional members1 - £350 + VAT
- Other organisations - £500 + VAT
- 1 If, in addition to paying a subscription, your institution has opted to become a Jisc institutional member, then - as part of our VAT-exempt cost sharing group - you will not be charged VAT on your course fee. For more information visit our VAT-exempt cost sharing group page: https://www.jisc.ac.uk/membership/vat-exempt-cost-sharing-group
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01235 822242.