Each online session will run from 13:00 - 15:00.
This course is now fully booked.
The provision of paid-for and free digital resources to support learning and teaching is a vital part of library and learning resources services in FE and sixth form colleges.
Staff increasingly need additional skills, knowledge, techniques, and approaches to manage digital resources effectively. Evaluating your digital resources can inform decision making to ensure resource provision is cost effective, relevant, and sustainable.
Being able to demonstrate impact, value and return on investment of your digital resources can help you:
- Keep your college leadership informed
- Increase the profile of your service
During this highly interactive programme over two online sessions, we will explore practical approaches and techniques that you can apply in your own college to address these challenges. This is a non-technical introduction and does not cover any specific tools.
Who should attend
Staff with responsibilities for managing library and learning resource services in further education and sixth form colleges and who want to:
- Demonstrate value and impact of the digital library service
- Increase the profile of the library/learning resource centre
- Demonstrate return on investment of digital resources
- Use data to inform decision making around future digital resources provision
The programme will be relevant to those who are new to managing digital resources in a further education or sixth form college setting as well as those with some experience.
Participants will need to commit to attending both sessions.
At the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Understand why it is essential to demonstrate the value and impact of college digital library/learning resources services
- Discover different ways of assessing and presenting value and impact to different audiences and stakeholders
- Learn from each others' experience and share challenges and solutions around demonstrating value and impact of your digital library service
- Identify sources of evidence of value and impact, in particular digital resources usage data
- Identify actions to demonstrate value and impact in your own organisation
- Bust some of the jargon around value and impact of digital resources
Participants will need to attend both sessions. There will be a short activity between sessions to consolidate learning.
Pricing and eligibility
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org