This session will run from 14:00-16:00.
There are no dates currently scheduled.
This online training session look at the key considerations when creating an accessible prospectus.
We'll also provide delegates with guidance about how to establish a system for evaluating existing practice and identifying areas for improvement. This follows our work with colleges and universities across the UK, where we've encountered examples of excellent practice as well as helped organisations identify areas for development.
Why an accessible prospectus?
Your prospectus is your shop window and when designed with accessibility in mind yours will offer a glimpse of your inclusive culture.
The prospectus is one of the very early steps prospective students take in deciding where to study, so it's important to provide easy access and present information clearly.
Accessible information is now more important than ever, with new accessibility legislation applying to all publicly-funded further and higher education organisations since September 2018. The legislation means that digital assets like your prospectus must meet high and measurable standards of accessibility.
Who should attend
This course will be of interest to those working in:
- Marketing and web
- Equality and inclusion
- Quality assurance
Following this online session, delegates will be able to:
- Recognise their legal requirements in the context of accessible prospectus design
- Understand the challenges that people face when using inaccessible digital resources
- Evaluate their own prospectus and identify areas for improvement
- Consider the pros and cons of different formats
- Recognise common issues and good practices identified from our accessibility snapshot1 service
- Consider how to take this forward in the context of your own institutional processes
- 1 Part of our consultancy service on developing a digitally-inclusive organisation https://www.jisc.ac.uk/consultancy/developing-a-digitally-inclusive-orga...
Pricing and eligibility
Jisc members - £95 + VAT 1
Other organisations - £150 + VAT
This course can be adapted for single-institution delivery so you can have more control over timing and staff attendance. Email email@example.com for more information.
- 1 VAT is charged at 20% of the value of the service. If you are a member of Jisc’s VAT-exempt cost sharing group, and you are able to provide confirmation of the exact taxable/exempt use of the service, we will be able to reduce the amount of VAT chargeable to reflect the taxable business use proportion of the service only. This additional information is required as a result of a change to HMRC policy. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require more information.
For more information, email email@example.com or phone 01235 822242.