The four-day Certified EU GDPR Practitioner classroom course is focused on equipping attendees with the knowledge and skills to implement an effective privacy and information security compliance programme under the GDPR, and to fulfil the role of DPO.
The course takes a practical approach, using:
The following tools are included free of charge for all attendees to use in the workplace:
- Real-life case study to demonstrate best practices and methodologies
- DPIA tool to help assess and address privacy risks
- GDPR compliance gap assessment tool to help prepare a compliance plan
Delivered by an experienced data protection consultant, the course is built on the foundations of our extensive practical experience advising on implementing compliance with data privacy laws and related information security standards such as ISO 27001.
The course also supports professional development: attendees who pass the exam are awarded the ISO 17024-accredited EU GDPR Practitioner (EU GDPR P) qualification by IBITGQ.
Who should attend
- Privacy managers, legal compliance officers and risk managers
- IT and information security professionals
- Individuals with little experience who wish to enter the field of data protection with a professional qualification
All attendees must have knowledge of the EU GDPR.
Attendees must have passed the Certified EU GDPR Foundation examination before taking this course.
What we cover
- The role of the DPO
- What constitutes personal data
- Accountability, the privacy compliance framework and PIMS (personal information management system)
- Lessons to be learnt from common data security failures
- The six data protection principles – how to apply them and demonstrate compliance
- Security of personal data
- Organisational risk management framework
- Legal requirements for a DPIA (data protection impact assessment)
- How to conduct a DPIA with a DPIA tool
- Why and how to conduct a data-mapping exercise
- The rights of data subjects
- Giving and withdrawing consent
- Handling data subject access requests
- Roles of controllers and processors, and the relationships between them
- Transferring personal data outside the EU, and the mechanisms for compliance
- How to prepare for GDPR compliance using a compliance gap assessment tool
Attendees take the EU GDPR Practitioner (EU GDPR P) examination at the end of the course – a 90-minute, multiple-choice, ISO 17024-accredited exam set by International Board for IT Governance Qualifications (IBITGQ). There is no extra charge for this exam.
This course is part of IT Governance's unique EU GDPR learning path, which also includes the Certified EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Foundation training course.
It also supports continued professional development programmes by qualifying for seven CPD/CPE credits.
Pricing and eligibility
£1500 + VAT1.
- 1 If, in addition to paying a subscription, your institution has opted to become a Jisc institutional member, then - as part of our VAT-exempt cost sharing group - you will not be charged VAT on your course fee. For more information visit our VAT-exempt cost sharing group page: https://www.jisc.ac.uk/about/vat-cost-sharing-group
For more information, email email@example.com phone 01235 822242.