The EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR) is new legislation that provides a single, harmonised data privacy law for the European Union. With the increasing risk of data breaches from cyber attack, the EU GDPR aims to prevent the loss of personal data by improving data security for all individuals living in EU member states. UK organisations have until May 2018 to comply with the new law, or potentially face fines of up to 4% of annual turnover or €20 million.
The one-day Certified EU General Data Protection Regulation Foundation classroom course provides a comprehensive introduction to the EU GDPR, and a practical understanding of the implications and legal requirements for UK and EU organisations of any size.
Delivered by an experienced data protection consultant, this training session is built on the foundations of our extensive practical experience gained advising on compliance with data privacy laws and related information security standards such as ISO 27001.
The course supports professional development and delegates who pass the included exam are awarded the ISO 17024-accredited EU GDPR Foundation (EU GDPR F) qualification by IBITGQ. It is also accredited by the Institute of Information Security Professionals (IISP) and satisfies the IISP Skills Framework requirements at Level 1: A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, B1 and C2.
Who should attend
- Managers who are already involved in data protection, with either an information security or data protection background
- Individuals with little experience but who wish to enter the field of data protection with a professional qualification
What we cover
- Essential EU GDPR background and terminology
- Key differences between the Data Protection Act and the EU GDPR
- Data subjects and their rights
- Dealing with subject access requests
- Marketing requirements
- The implementation path to EU GDPR compliance:
- Privacy by design
- Privacy impact assessments (PIA)
- Data audits
- Training and competence requirements
- Incident response and breach reporting
- Updating policies and procedures
- International data transfers
- Replacing Safe Harbour – the new requirements
Delegates take the EU General Data Protection Regulation Foundation (EU GDPR F) examination at the end of the course – a 60-minute multiple-choice, ISO 17024-accredited exam set by the International Board for IT Governance Qualifications (IBITGQ). There is no extra charge for this exam.
This course is part of IT Governance's unique EU GDPR Learning Path, which also includes the Certified EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Practitioner training course.
It also supports continued professional development programmes by qualifying for seven CPD/CPE credits.
Pricing and eligibility
£450 + VAT1.
- 1 If, in addition to paying a subscription, your institution has opted to become a Jisc institutional member, then - as part of our VAT-exempt cost sharing group - you will not be charged VAT on your course fee. For more information visit our VAT-exempt cost sharing group page: https://www.jisc.ac.uk/about/vat-cost-sharing-group
For more information, email [email protected] or phone 01235 822242.