There are no upcoming dates.
With immersive virtual reality (VR) technology, new ways for engaging and supporting technology-enhanced learning practice have emerged. The new medium has empowered people from across different industries to build content which ranged from mental health, journalism, human rights activist, art and humanities, to construction, science, manufacturing and others.
This workshop will bring particular focus to 360 immersive videos and people will get the opportunity to work in group building their first 360 immersive video project. You will develop a good understanding of the technology and how to tap into its capabilities as well as get hands-on experience filming and editing 360 VR videos.
This course will be delivered by Suhad Aljundi, future technologies developer at Jisc.
Who should attend
This workshop is aimed at anyone with an interest in developing their skills in 360 VR content creation or anyone who is wishing to use or edit existing 360 VR content.
You could be involved in curriculum design, public outreach, library services, supporting students, IT department or learning technologies.
What we cover
- An introduction to 360 VR and its applications
- the elements of VR experience
- How to create a VR mockup
- Equipments and tools
- Setting up your 360 camera
- Shooting 360 videos/images
- Editing creations and adding interactivity
- Publishing your content and group demonstrations
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify the advantages and limitations of immersive 360 VR experience in comparison with other VR forms
- Demonstrate how 360 cameras work
- Use key practical techniques for filming and shooting 360 VR content and understand the challenges
- Collaboratively present their first 360 VR project that they can distribute to different platforms
Pricing and eligibility
- Jisc members1 - £350 + VAT2
- Non-member3 - not-for-profit - £400 + VAT
- Other organisations4 - £500 + VAT
- 1 All Jisc members – typically publicly funded FE, HE and Research institutions
- 2 VAT is charged at 20% of the value of the service. If you are a member of Jisc’s VAT-exempt cost sharing group, and you are able to provide confirmation of the exact taxable/exempt use of the service, we will be able to reduce the amount of VAT chargeable to reflect the taxable business use proportion of the service only. This additional information is required as a result of a change to HMRC policy. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require more information.
- 3 Eligible local government, public sector, private/independent education providers and non-profit customers
- 4 All non-member commercial partners
For more information, email email@example.com or phone 01235 822242.