The Summer of Student Innovation is a Jisc co-design project developed with our strategic partners across higher education, further education and skills.
The competition is now in its fourth year where successful entrants to the competitions receive a grant and support from Jisc to develop their education technology ideas, with the aim of improving students’ creative design, research, entrepreneurial and project management skills.
This year we’re running two competitions:
Your entry could be the spark of an idea, or it could be ready to pilot with institutions – but whatever stage it’s at, it will need to have the potential for widespread use across higher and further education and skills.
Following the competition, we will develop a selection of the successful projects into products. In the past, we have funded a platform for research participants, a student feedback tool, apps to help apprentices and tools to support accessibility and inclusion.
Projects we are developing further
We are working to develop several projects from previous competitions into products so that universities and colleges can reap the benefit of the students’ work.
Student projects currently being supported
- Call for Participants - Where researchers and participants meet - providing a secure and trusted connection between researchers and participants.
- Lingoflow - A language vocabulary learning app.
- Startwrite - A web app to help students stay organised and get assignments done on time.
- UniBoard - Online noticeboard to connect university students.
- Unisocs - Subject-specific discussion and progress tracking for students.
- Unitu - A feedback tool to listen and engage with the student voice through student representatives.
Are you looking for
Join the Twitter discussion