From prospect to alumnus
Creating a more joined-up and dynamic information landscape for a better student experience.
1 year and 9 months
Ended 1 Dec 2016100%
Student record data is business critical for organisations. Incoherent systems and processes can have a negative impact on the staff and student experience. As our 2014 consultation showed, organisations require less complexity. A high quality student experience is vital for the UK to thrive in the global knowledge economy.
What we're doing
Employers, students and national agencies need access to verified and consistent information on students, their achievements, work experience and employability. This project aims to harness partnerships and collaborative co-design to create pilot solutions for stakeholders and members, and create innovative new opportunities for student employability, mobility and satisfaction. We will involve students in the development process.
We will deliver short, medium and long term solutions, specifically:
- Those that enable easier data flow between systems
- An online skills matching service that helps bridge the gap between education and employment
- A digital data service for learners that captures formal and informal skills throughout their education and work experience.
For organisations, students and employers, the project will help to generate:
- Enhanced articulation of offer/competitive advantage
- More informed decisions; enhanced student opportunities and satisfaction
- Better informed stakeholders and national agencies
- Organisational, regional and national efficiencies
- Value for money in the student experience.
The prospect to alumnus co-design challenge emerged from a consultation process that took place in 2014, involving four regional workshops (attended by key stakeholders), interviews, visits and an online survey. Following a presentation of the consultation's outcomes, we agreed that the co-design challenge will focus on the following projects:
- Mapping and optimising the student journey experience
- Data model and system integration
- Employability data services, initially focussed on FE, and a learner 'cradle to grave' service
Student relationship management is a key concept behind this work. In addition to these projects, we will gather intelligence to establish a shared view of what student-centred information systems of the future might look like.
This project ran until winter 2016