Helping further education and skills teachers to improve their digital capability and confidence
1 year and 6 months
Ended 31 Jan 2017100%
£50k to £250k
What we are making
- An online service that will provide teachers in the further education (FE) and skills sector with quality CPD resources to improve their digital capabilities
- Access to a range of good quality interactive teaching and learning resources with community driven advice and guidance as to how to use them to best effect
The FE and skills online CPD service is built on top of the framework developed in our digital capabilities project. It uses this framework to provide a specialised tool for teachers in FE and skills.
See an image showing what we're building
Why this matters
The FELTAG report highlighted that trainers and teachers may not be sufficiently trained or confident in the use of new digital technology.
Learners have stated that they want teachers who are digitally skilled, confident, and willing to hand over control to us to use familiar technologies in class.
It is recognised that there is already a great deal of good quality CPD and learning and teaching resources. Practitioners need easy access to curated content in order to ensure quality and that the relevant staff use them in their own teaching.
How this will help you…
- As a learner your teachers and trainers will be more digitally confident and your learning will be more engaging and interactive
- As a member of staff you will have access to high quality resources that help you improve your digital confidence as well as teaching and learning resources to use in your teaching
- As an e-learning manager you will have access to a service which you can use to underpin the CPD activities you provide for your colleagues and assist you in supporting their continued professional development in the digital skills area
Who we are working with
We are working directly with practitioners within the FE and skills sector and consulting with sector bodies through the FELTAG coalition.
Follow our progress
Current status of the digital launchpad service:
- Content seeding from May 2016
- User testing and small-scale piloting from July 2016
- Beta pilots from November 2016
This project ran until winter 2017