What is Tech 2 Tech?
To support our access infrastructure programme, we are launching a new programme of conferences and workshops called Tech 2 Tech.
Every three months technical experts from Jisc technologies, infrastructure design and our operations teams will travel to a new region across the UK to meet with technical contacts in member and customer organisations.
This is a chance to talk in technical detail about the benefits of the new access infrastructure and, with your help, scope new connectivity services to support your organisation.
How to get involved
Our third event in Edinburgh is now open for registration, and additional dates across the UK will be announced soon.
The event is only open to organisations with a Janet connection. If you are interested in connecting to the Janet Network, please email the connections management group or call 01235 822308.
Share your experiences
We are keen to make these workshops a platform for members to share their experiences - good and bad. If you have been involved in a recent project that you are willing to talk about informally for approximately 20 minutes, please sign up on the registration page.
You might want to talk about an infrastructure project, campus redevelopment, procurement or new technology initiative - anything you think other members would benefit from or be interested in.
Questions to ask yourself and your colleagues
Before you attend a Tech 2 Tech event, you might want to consider these questions with your colleagues:
- Is now a good time to change where Janet connections are delivered?
- Have we setup fail-over or redundancy in a way that make sense?
- What services are we expecting to add in the coming years? Public cloud, shared data centre?
- How do we expect traffic needs to grow, change, shrink in the coming years?
- Does my investment cycle coincide with new higher speed connections?
- Why haven’t I deployed IPv6?
- What applications would you want Jisc to provide as part of the network?
- Will a Research Transfer Zone help with traffic?
- Scotland - Monday 21 January 2019, Edinburgh
- London – March 2019 – TBC
- Manchester - July 2019 - TBC
- Northern Ireland - Belfast – October 2019 - TBC
Janet access solutions
A recording of a plenary talk at our technology networking event, Networkshop46.