We are identifying, documenting and sharing best practice on high performance networking to raise awareness of the issues and factors affecting end-to-end network performance.
We want to hear from you if you run or are looking to run more demanding network applications for example, high bandwidth, low latency or if you have specific requirements including the use of off-site data centres or outsourced services.
We want to encourage and facilitate discussion with communities and other stakeholders and to make people more aware of the Janet Network's capabilities.
How you can get involved
We are looking for contributions to this project from UK HE/FE research and educational communities served by the Janet Network, their campus or site network operators, and network research academics
We’ll be holding a number of events, consulting with various stakeholders, and attending meetings run by communities who have demanding network applications.
We’d like to hear about your experiences in this area and want to know:
- What applications are you running?
- What tools are you using?
- How do you monitor performance?
- What works well?
- What are the open challenges you face?
To get involved, you can:
- Join our JiscMail list to hear about news and events, and to discuss high performance networking issues with other members of the UK HE/FE community
- Join our community where we will share relevant documents and papers
- Contact the project coordinator, Dr Tim Chown by e-mail email@example.com whether you’re interested in how the project can help you, or you have good practices to share