Is online distance learning a real solution for today’s higher education funding, capacity and recruitment issues?
This latest edition of Jisc On Air looks at some of the issues associated with creating sustainable and effective online distance learning. The show highlights the value of engaging students and enhancing the learning experience through online learning tools such as podcasts and virtual worlds.
- Find out more about the HEFCE-funded Online Learning Taskforce and their work
- Study of UK Online Learning, report to HEFCE by Technology-Assisted Lifelong Learning (TALL), The Department for Continuing Education, University of Oxford
- MIT Open Courseware and Open Courseware Consortium
- University of Leicester’s projects:
- Media Zoo
- DUCKLING Delivering University Curricula: Knowledge, Learning and Innovation Gains
This podcast was originally published as part of our Jisc On Air radio programme.