Our guest for this episode is Professor Parama Chaudhury, professor in the department of economics at University College London.
Edtech fanatic, and departmental e-learning champion, Parama’s enthusiasm about using technology to support teaching and learning is infectious. She shares an abundance of tips, as well as stories from her time teaching in America and the UK, and what she’s learned along the way.
The biggest theme in this episode is the importance of structure for students, especially now with lockdowns and online learning having a huge impact on our lives. We discuss wellbeing, how the student experience has changed, and how and why Parama was an early adopter of online assessment.
- Supporting student and staff wellbeing is more important than ever. We’ve created a series of events, guides and reports to help you to protect the wellbeing of staff and students, supported by digital technology, both now and in years ahead: learn more on our wellbeing page
- A huge thank you as always for listening – don’t forget to get in touch with us at email@example.com if you’d like to come on the show
- Check out the UCL Centre for Teaching and Learning Economics, the UCL Arena and UCL Digital Education websites
- Parama mentions Echo360, the lecture capture and student platform she uses
- Read our student and staff wellbeing report
Media and content officer, Jisc
Digital campaign manager, Jisc