In this episode of our rethinking assessment and feedback mini-series, Sarah Knight chats with Danny Liu and Benjamin Miller about how they are adapting their assessment and feedback practices at the University of Sydney.
Danny and Benjamin start by sharing some of the issues and challenges that an institution-wide review into assessment picked up, including assessment weighting, group work and assessment feedback.
They then talk about how the development of the student relationship engagement system (SRES) has helped solve the problem of engaging a large number of students with personalised feedback and personal care.
Finally, they share their tips and advice on the steps UK universities could take to improve their assessment and feedback practices.
- View some examples of exemplary use of SRES to support assessment and feedback
- Read the Principles guiding education at Sydney mentioned during the episode
- Read the assessment and feedback higher education landscape review
- Read our guide on the Principles of good assessment and feedback
- Subscribe to our Headlines newsletter, which has all the latest edtech news, guidance and events tailored to you
- Get in touch with us at email@example.com if you’d like to come on the show or know someone who might suit the series
Associate Professor at the University of Sydney
Dr Benjamin Miller
Lecturer at the University of Sydney
Head of learning and teaching transformation, higher education, Jisc
Follow Sarah on Twitter
Digital campaign manager, Jisc