This one-day course will take place between 10:00 and 16:00.
Registration begins at 09:30.
All refreshments and lunch are provided.
There are no dates currently scheduled.
This one-day workshop will build confidence to design and deliver a digital curriculum that will prepare students to learn successfully in digital settings, and to thrive in a digital world.
The workshop will include a series of activities which will support participants with designing in opportunities for students to develop relevant digital capabilities into their course, module or unit of learning.
Participants will then be able to take away the associated resources and complete, reflect on and follow up the activities in their own time.
Participants will also be able to use the associated resources to run similar workshops in their own organisational settings.
- Share good practice and learn from others from within academic community
- Take away materials and skills to share with your teams so they have a chance to implement too
- One year of online support following the course
- Learn from subject matter experts within the Jisc community
- All course materials provided
Who should attend
This workshop is aimed at curriculum staff, whether subject specialist lecturers or other professionals involved in the curriculum (eg from the library, learning technology, learning support or employability teams).
What we cover
The workshop will cover the following:
- The digital curriculum
Participants will consider how digital technologies are changing the pathways of learners into, through, and beyond their studies. We'll share changes to the methods used, the concepts taught, and the real world contexts in which different subjects are practiced
- Developing digital capability in the curriculum
Participants will use the Jisc six elements digital capabilities model and the learner profile to choose activities that develop specific digital capabilities. They will then consider how best to adapt those activities to their own subject specialism
- Digital teaching skills
Participants will use the Jisc digital capability teacher profiles and digital capability discovery tool to consider their digital teaching practice. They will gain confidence in areas where they are already proficient, and new ideas to try in areas where they are less confident
- Discuss how the curriculum is changing and needs to change in response to digital opportunities and transformations
- Design and adapt curriculum activities to support students’ digital capabilities
- Assess their own digital capabilities for teaching, and plan to follow up their results
Pricing and eligibility
Jisc members - £350 + VAT1
Other organisations - £500 + VAT
- 1 If, in addition to paying a subscription, your institution has opted to become a Jisc institutional member, then - as part of our VAT-exempt cost sharing group - you will not be charged VAT on your course fee. For more information visit our VAT-exempt cost sharing group page: https://www.jisc.ac.uk/membership/vat-exempt-cost-sharing-group
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01235 822242.