Jisc is helping institutions’ COVID-19 recovery by launching four new analytical dashboards for Heidi Plus subscribers.
In collaboration with higher education (HE) professionals, Jisc has launched four new data analytics dashboard suites to help HE institutions in COVID-19 recovery planning.
The dashboards, accessible to all Heidi Plus subscribers, have been developed using Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) data to provide analytical insight in support of ongoing pandemic challenges.
This insight will help users to identify significant risks to their institution using robust evidence and allow them to respond strategically through targeted mitigation.
Benefits to users are in four key areas of risk, including:
- Model the potential impacts of a reduction in international student recruitment for postgraduate taught (PGT) courses.
- Develop specific mitigation strategies by modelling increases in UK domiciled undergraduates who could be retained for PGT.
Offshore student provision
- Benchmark and assess the current market and prioritise adjustments.
- Create bespoke overviews of students enrolled in HE across the world.
- Identify opportunities to offset potential losses of international students against UK domiciled students who may not be able to study offshore.
International student impact
- Assess the potential impact of a reduction in international recruitment to inform subject planning.
- Develop specific risk management strategies by modelling demand for international, postgraduate and undergraduate study by provision and domicile.
UNESCO international student flow
- Understand international student mobility and percentage changes over time, using five-year trend analysis.
- Create detailed mobility insights showing the flow of students at a worldwide, continent and country level.
- Identify opportunities to diversify provision within new international markets.
- Identify potential international competitors in a post-COVID market.
Myles Danson, senior product owner – business intelligence at Jisc, says:
“These dashboards bring a significant contribution to strategic planning for scenarios facing the UK higher education sector due to COVID-19. The issues addressed are time-critical and I’m delighted we have been able to respond in just a few short weeks. I encourage colleagues to prioritise their use.”
Filters can be applied for specific analysis, and each dashboard also has a dedicated user guide to help make the most of available functions.