Here are some approaches that you can take:
- Improve the quality of the way in which you name files to ensure they are objective, meaningful, concise and standardised
- Consider the bigger picture: think about the needs of your colleagues and the institution as a whole when deciding where and how to store information
- Base your filing system around the functions and activities you perform
- Check if there are any institution wide projects underway that you should join up with
- Take advantage of our Business Classification Scheme when considering your filing system.