Here are some tips to help you:
- Ask yourself why you are keeping information: are there known and objective reasons why you should keep it?
- Seek guidance from your records manager or archivist if you have one
- Make use of the Records Retention Schedules for the further education and higher education sectors
- Be careful about how you dispose of hardcopy confidential information
- Removing electronic files might not be as easy as you think – pressing the ‘delete’ button may not be enough to permanently remove electronic information.